New to Essential Oils? Start here with our TOP 3 must haves....!
WELCOME to the Blog!
Arriving to our small slice of a cyber haven, will grant you insights on the wonders of essential oils, creative recipes for the body and soul, product news, and numerous tips and inspirations of how to be holistically healthy!
Are you excited?
Let’s begin by swan diving into the realm of essential oils! What do these small but mighty potions offer? They graciously provide aromatherapy and therapeutic properties that seem endless! Read on to inhale a gentle crash course in essential oils, the ‘therapeutic 3’, and how to use them in your life!
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Substances extracted from certain species of flowers, plants, fruits, leaves, roots, and trees. There are presently over 300 different essential oils manufactured.
These are powerful substances. It’s an extraordinary fact that it takes 1,000 pounds of oranges to produce 10 pounds of pure orange essential oil!
Knowing this, we must apply the oils with care.
METHODS OF ESSENTIAL OIL APPLICATION:
Massage oil blends, home cleaning, in your bath, diffusers, on handkerchiefs or pillowcases for aromatherapy, room sprays & bug repellant. A fashionable way to walk with sweet scents in your personal aura is to sport a diffuser necklace.
Check out these aromatic beauties on our website to help you carry around your perfect oils all day long!
• Use a Carrier Oil when applying essential oils to your skin/body. A Carrier Oil dilutes the essential oil, which is necessary for safe skin care. This is not necessary when using oils for other purposes, such as diffusers.
• Undiluted is referred to as a ‘neat’ application.
• General Oil Ratio: 1 tsp. carrier oil, per 2-3 drops of essential oil.
CARRIER OIL EXAMPLES:
• Jojoba Oil
• Coconut Oil
• Sweet Almond Oil
BASIC STARTER ESSENTIAL OIL KIT~ “THE THERAPEUTIC 3”:
Lavender Essential Oil
- Its’ anti-inflammatory action is responsible for the beginnings of modern aromatherapy, as Dr. Jean Valnet discovered Lavender’s healing properties after being burned in a laboratory accident. Lavender is considered to speed wound healing and reduce scarring.
- The oil is also pleasantly soothing and can be used to reduce stress.
- A commonly used technique is to apply this oil ‘neat’ (undiluted) to the soles of the feet of patients recovering from trauma.
- In need of sleep? Massage lavender into your neck and shoulders before bed.
- *Aromatherapy Notes~ Floral, Romantic, Relaxing.Peppermint Essential Oil
- An excellent digestive tonic, Peppermint oil can sooth many stomach complaints, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- For the traveler, it’s effective in calming motion sickness.
- Peppermint can tame inflamed muscles. The cooling effect of this oil is refreshingly therapeutic. Try it on tired, sore, swollen feet!
- The menthol content assists in opening up the breathing passage, therefore beneficial for respiratory ailments (rub on chest or add to a diffuser).
- *Aromatherapy Notes ~ Mint, Cooling, Refreshing.Lemon Essential Oil
- Provides energizing qualities! Place a drop (with carrier oil) on your wrists.
- The crisp scent of lemon can disinfect stale air and act as a natural deodorant.
- Lemon is a cell detoxifier. You will find this powerful oil in many oil formulas to aid in the break down of fat cells and assist in cellulite reduction. Add a single drop of pure lemon essential oil to your water bottle!
- *Aromatherapy Notes~ Citrus, Cleansing, Uplifting.
☛ To learn more about these amazing oils and purchase, visit here!
DISCLAIMER: This is for your educational purposes only. Consult with your Health Care Provider. Your health is your responsibility.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.